Driving lessons in Barnet, EN4 & EN5, Greater London... 50% OFF your Barnet Driving Lesson
Book your £9.99 driving lesson in Barnet today!
Save £££'s with one of the best Barnet driving schools for regular driving lessons, guaranteed pass driving courses, residential intensive crash courses, manual & automatic cars,
male & female driving instructors', beginner driving lessons, nervous pupils welcome, one to one tuition, door to door service, block booking discounts, Eco-Safe driving skills, night-time driving lessons, Pass Plus courses, refresher driving courses & driving instructor training.
The History of Barnet
(Barnet, EN4/EN5, London borough of Barnet, Hertfordshire, Greater London)
There are several parts to Barnet; High Barnet, East Barnet, New Barnet & Chipping Barnet. If there was a town
in America or any other country in the world that could boast of:
A church built in 1080, a larger church built in the 15th century, a battle that was voted in the top ten battles in world history, a market that has been here
since 1199, a spa well that has been here since the 16th century and visited by Samuel Pepys, a High Street mentioned in Oliver Twist, a school that was founded in
1573, a coaching stop that saw 150 coaches pass through every day, a fair that has been going since the 16th century, a museum, over 20 public houses and over 90
eating establishments, 3 golf clubs, 7 parks, an Arts Theatre, the home of David Livingstone (who was on the front cover of the Beatles "Sergeant Peppers" album),
and the best view of the capital city; it would have people coming in their droves to see a place seeped in history whilst being a modern shopping centre. That's
10 facts about Barnet:
1. High Barnet founded by monks from St Albans Abbey in the 12th Century.
2. In 1196. Barnet was known as "Bernet".
3. King John granted Barnet a market charter in 1199.
4. A Chapel was built on site of Barnet Church in 1250.
5. In 1219. Barnet was known as "Barnatt".
6. The First reference to East Barnet was in 1249.
7. The First reference to Chipping Barnet was in 1329.
8. in 1420 St Johns Church (Barnet Church) was extended.
9. Barnet Fair and market were granted a charter by Queen Elizabeth I in 1588.
10. The Great North Road built through Barnet in the 17th Century. It was the main coach route from London to Scotland.